Installing the Basmati Filter
You will need to install a "filter" file so that Grade Machine
can properly export your grades to Basmati. This is a simple process and only need
to be performed once for each computer that you use. Because there are several versions
of Grade Machine, you will need to install the version of the filter that is
specific to your version.
It is possible to "fine-tune" your filter such that very specific information
is exported via Grade Machine. Here are some suggestions if you'd like to
customize your filter:
- Consult the table below and select the correct version of the filter. If you are using
Netscape, you may need to right-click (or hold the mouse down if using a Mac) and choose "Save Link As..."
|Windows Version||Mac Version||Notes|
|Version 6.5 - 6.7||Download||Download
||It is highly recommended that you upgrade Grade Machine to the latest release of version 6.8.|
||Some bugs exist in specific sub-versions of Grade Machine. Please requst version 6.8.9 for Windows and version 6.8.3 for the Mac
to be certain that everything works properly. There have been reports of some Windows software conflicting with the Grade Machine's
abililty to export. If you encounter these problems, please download this version instead. You will be
required to provide the name of each export file.
||I strongly recommend the use of version 6.8.9 (Windows) or version 6.8.3 (Mac) for best
results... however, these filters should work fine for version 6.9.
- Your web-browser should prompt you to save this file. If given the choice, save this
file to the FILTERS folder within your Grade Machine folder.
- If you weren't given a choice where you should save the file, locate the file and then
copy it to the FILTERS folder within your Grade Machine folder.
- From the File menu, select Export
- Select the Basmati Filter and make a copy of it
- Provide a new filename and rename your filter to whatever you'd like
- Select your new filter and click the "Edit" button
- From the list on the right, you may choose certain features to modify (such as Body: Student: Scores or Body: Student: Grade)
- After modifying your filter, save your changes
Issues and Resolutions:
If you experience the following difficulties, Misty City has some recommendations for you.
I'm using version 6.9 for the Mac -- when I export to Basmati, none of the assignments appear
in the table. Resolution: Be certain you're using the version 6.9 filter from the table above.
If that doesn't work, try editing the filter. Instead of the All Assignments in Body Range, change
it to Enter Assignment Range at Export Time. At time of export, teacher will be prompted to enter
start and end number of assignment for which scores are to be exported.
Copyright 2001, James Bassett